What is Form 990-PF?
Form 990-PF is an annual information return filed by Private Foundations to figure the tax based on investment income and report charitable distributions and activities to the IRS.
The form also serves as a substitute for Section 4947(a)(1) nonexempt charitable trust's income tax return, Form 1041, when the trust has no taxable income.
Form 990-PF schedules
In addition to Filing a 990-PF return, the IRS may require the foundation to report additional information based on the activities it performed for the tax year. This info must be provided as attachments (Schedules) along with the PF return. Form 990-PF consists of Schedule B.
Schedule B, Schedule of Contributors, is filed by private foundations that received contributions valued above $5,000, or more than 2% of revenue, from any contributors for the tax year.
To learn more, visit https://www.expresstaxexempt.com/form-990-schedules/
E-file 990-PF with IRS 990
How to E-file Form 990-PF?
To e-file Form 990-PF, get started with ExpressTaxExempt and follow the steps mentioned below:
- Step 1: Enter your EIN and verify your organization’s details.
- Step 2: Choose the tax year and your preferred filing method - form-based or interview style filing process.
- Step 3: Provide all the information requested in various sections of the Form
- Step 4: Review your form and make corrections, if any.
- Step 5: Transmit your Form 990-PF with the IRS.
How do I get more time to file IRS Form 990-PF?
Private foundations that require more time to file their Form 990-PF can request an additional six months of extension time by filing Form 8868, Application for Automatic Extension of Time To File an Exempt Organization Return.
File Form 8868 with ExpressTaxExempt and get an automatic extension of 6 months to file
Pricing to E-file Form 990-PF
- Auto-generate Schedules for FREE
- No subscription fees or contracts
- Pay only for the return you file
- Discounted pricing for tax professionals
- Live support via phone, email, and chat
E-File at $169.90 per return
Form 990 Due Date Calculator
Find your Form 990 due date or your Form 8868
extension due date
Form 990 Finder
Determine which 990 Form your organization
needs to file